This year we have been faced with unprecedented challenges including how to safely offer flu vaccination to those who are eligible without increasing risks to patients and ourselves.
Flu vaccination requires a great deal of advanced planning so we have had to assume that there will be widespread circulating Coronavirus.
WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE AND COOPERATION TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BELOW:
- We will be providing vaccination on a walk-through basis.
- You will be asked to book an appointment in one of our flu clinics. You will be asked about allergies at the time of booking, if this changes before your appointment, you need to notify us.
- You will need to wear a mask or face covering.
- You will be asked not to arrive early or late as there is no capacity for you to wait.
- You will not be able to use the toilet facilities.
- We will direct you to enter the building when it is your turn.
- You will be asked to give your name to the staff at the desk.
- You will be asked to move over to a vaccination table by a member of our staff.
- You MUST wear a vest or T-shirt underneath your coat so that you can immediately offer your SHOULDER for vaccination.
- We do not wish to touch you ourselves because it is not feasible to change PPE between every one of hundreds of patients per clinic.
- If you do not wear appropriate clothing, we will not be able to vaccinate you and we will ask you to return at a different time or day.
- You will be directed to leave by a different exit so that you can avoid contact with patients who are still waiting.
- Please enter the building alone. If you need assistance to enter the building please let reception know when booking your appointment slot. If you have come with a friend /family member we will ask that they meet you at the exit and one of our members of staff will assist you through the clinic.
- If you are unable to negotiate the steps please ask for assistance.
Our Flu Clinic days are:
Saturday 12th September 2020 (Pre Booked only)
Week commencing the 14th September in the allocated pre booked appointment slot.